blog*spot
-->
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
>>>>> This Is Me <<<<<<
++ lifE passEs by.... ++
Current interests ;)
Kinesis KM-1 2006
Boys' Brigade; Sure and Steadfast 2000-2004
AMKSS 4/2 2004
Meridian JC 05S223 with Miss Gill
NDP 06 fireworks
Random =P
Thursday, December 30, 2004

On the 28th and the 29th of December, I volunteered for the Sharity Gift Box event organised annually by the Boys’ Brigade. On the 28th, I was assigned to wear my uniform and got to a few homes to distribute food stuff, together with a volunteer Taxi Driver. My duty was to distribute the food to people in one of the Beach Road Blocks. As I approached the first home, on the 8th floor, an awful stench emanated from the unit. I knocked on the door and it was until 10minutes later, a frail old lady with a hunched backopened the door. The stench of faeces overwhelmed me. As I peered into the one room flat, I saw a lot of faeces in one corner. The ‘house’ was no bigger than a class-room and it was a <<3-in-one>>kind of thing. One that that caught my attention was the old lady. Although she lived in such conditions, she was not sad or anything. She welcomed me with a big smile and as I passed her the foodstuff, her smile grew more radiant. Though she did not know how to speak English, her eyes glistened with a million thank yous. From her, I learnt that her home is in such a condition due to not being able top pay for a plumber to fix her broken toilet, hence the pile of faeces. She does not have any children that can support and relies on community help which comes once a month to help clean her home.

That experience drilled one thing into me: be contented with what you have. Being poor does not mean not being able to buy a digital cam, XBOX, PS2, or handphone. The real definition of being poor is when one cannot even afford to pay for a plumber, have 3 proper meals and proper clothing….

Next year, I promise to be a volunteer again…


PhoeNix 10:44 PM

PhOeNix | <$BlogItemDateTime$> |
--x--
++ Memories Consume ++


Roasting ChestNuTz on an opEn firE
Family? Yeah rite... MA ASS!
End of workweek 1
Impossible is Nothing
Tennis Day
It was fair, then it rained, and it was fair again...
Gd day Mate!
YawnZ!
Hello! Bloggin World!

++ Like Opening A Wound ++

December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
January 2007
February 2007


++ I'm Picking Me Apart Again ++

I made a Quiz for you! Take my Quiz! and then Check out the Scoreboard! dingdong
Grace Leong
Haur Ming
Joyce Yip
Liang Hock
Jo Lynn
Jaclyn
Geraldine(Brother)
Shu Min
Yi San
Sarah
Bernice
Vic and Friends
Vic
Darth Vader's Blog
Grace Loi
Sarah
Photosavin website
World's greatest biking webbie!
Ben Jerry's Ice Cream


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.