blog*spot
-->
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
>>>>> This Is Me <<<<<<
++ lifE passEs by.... ++
Current interests ;)
Kinesis KM-1 2006
Boys' Brigade; Sure and Steadfast 2000-2004
AMKSS 4/2 2004
Meridian JC 05S223 with Miss Gill
NDP 06 fireworks
Random =P
Sunday, December 12, 2004

Today, my Mum and I went window shopping at Orchard. Before we started , we had our lunch. After lunch i bought a drink. (those in a plastic cup with ice and all) obviously after drinking my drink, leaving the ice, i threw the cup away, in a bin, near the FoodCourt. I then observed something very appalling. there was this old chap by the bin, foraging it. At first, I though he was one of those 'can pickers'; but i was very wrong. He took a cigarette from the compartment of the pin and smoked it! He then took a cup from in the bin with some water (probably from the melted ice) and drank it!!! My stomach cringed and whatever i had eated almost shot out of my mouth... it was totally gross! That for one, spoilt my day.

I learnt something today too...never visit Orchard Road during the December Season... being relatively TALL (thankiew) it was like i was standing in a sea of bobbing heads. I was like walking at less than 1 km per hour. needless to say, Centrepoint and John Little were no better. Ever wondered... why do Robinsons and John Little always have GREAT SALEs? To me Great sales must only occur once or twice a year. But from my memory, i believe these 2 departmental stores have sales almost 4 -6 times a year!!!

Well, never the less, my mum and i sniffed out a few great bargains. For example, Adidas is having a 30% sale on most of its items and so is Hush Puppies...Harvey Norman At centre point are selling their electronics cheap (due to some renovation sale) so all you people out there, head on to centre point for some great deals! (and nope, no one paid me to advertise ;))

After 4 hours of squeezing and pushing, we decided to head home. In the MRT station, i saw this old lady, probably in her 60s, with a full head of white curley hair cleaning the staircase and my mind shot back to the old man at the food court(who is probably a few years younger than this old lady). I wondered, he has hands and legs, why not work and eat decent stuff? Working as a cleaner or distributing pamphlets is still better than degrading himself by foraging for food in a bin! Should'nt he at least try?

As the Adidas Advertisement states <<Impossible is Nothing>>...what do you ppl think?


PhoeNix 5:14 PM

PhOeNix | <$BlogItemDateTime$> |
--x--
++ Memories Consume ++


Tennis Day
It was fair, then it rained, and it was fair again...
Gd day Mate!
YawnZ!
Hello! Bloggin World!

++ Like Opening A Wound ++

December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
January 2007
February 2007


++ I'm Picking Me Apart Again ++

I made a Quiz for you! Take my Quiz! and then Check out the Scoreboard! dingdong
Grace Leong
Haur Ming
Joyce Yip
Liang Hock
Jo Lynn
Jaclyn
Geraldine(Brother)
Shu Min
Yi San
Sarah
Bernice
Vic and Friends
Vic
Darth Vader's Blog
Grace Loi
Sarah
Photosavin website
World's greatest biking webbie!
Ben Jerry's Ice Cream


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.